OBD-II is an automotive standard that all 1996 passenger cars and trucks are required to conform to.
The goal of the Scandroid project is to develop an OBDII compliant application that allows any Android device to be able to conform to ISO 15031-5.
That is, to be able to:
- Determine what Powertrain information is available for a particular vehicle
- Display Freeze Frame data
- Retrieve confirmed Diagnostic Trouble Code data
- Clear Diagnostic Trouble Code data
- Display oxygen sensor diagnostics
- Test results for monitored systems
- Retrieve pending Diagnostic Trouble Code data
- Retrieve vehicle information
- Control the operation of on-board system tests
- Retrieve permanent Diagnostic Trouble Code data